Wednesday 18 May 2011

Joe Fenton's Soltitude [work in progress]





I'm a sucker for illustrations and drawings in general. I hate doing them myself because of my short attention span (still trying to get used to non-disturbed workflow) but I just simply love examining different techniques and styles. When I saw photos of Joe Fenton working on his piece called Soltitude I knew that only thing that could describe it is 'epic awesomeness'.



Drawn entirely with graphite (at this point), Soltitude amazes with the depth and amount of detail that Fenton was able to achieve. It's also worth noting that the entire thing is trippy as hell.




Check out more pics at Behance

18 comments:

  1. This detail is amazing especially because he only used graphite. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that art is AMAZING, and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's awesome, beautiful.. He had talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last pic is pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOLY CRAP. That looks awesome. Wish I could still draw like that. I gave it up for music & arthritis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing. :-| Really nice. Which it would be on my wall

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow so much detail in this abstract work, Epic awesomeness indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so trippy. is he doing that with a mechanical pencil?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woah that's great. I wish I was this good at art. Sadly I have to stay with the stickmen and houses.

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is very talented, wonderful art piece !

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is incredible, what a talented guy. I could look at these for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love to draw but I do not have any talent on this.

    This guy is incredible.

    Nice post. Also, following :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. amazing art, wow, beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great stuff. Detailed art like this amazes me mostly because I can draw like a caveman.

    ReplyDelete